How do I pay affiliates?

Discussion in 'General PemBer / Paid Membership Discussions' started by HolyFireGames, May 23, 2016.

1. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames New Member PemBer Owner

Hi there, how do my affiliates set their paypal email address, and after I have mass pay API enabled what do I have to do in order to pay my affiliates?

Thanks

2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Hi, Affiliates set their email address in Account->Contact Details-> Paypal Email Address

upload_2016-5-23_9-42-12.png

And All you have to do is set the Payment Threshold in Admin -> PemBer -> Invites Setup

upload_2016-5-23_9-43-36.png

And ensure that your paypal account will have funds.

There is a cron "PemBer - Paypal MassPay Affiliates" which runs on the 15th of every month to send payments to all affiliates who have crossed the threshold amount defined by you.

If you would like, you can also change how often or when this cron runs.

Regards

3. HolyFireGames

Thanks, will it automatically pull from my linked bank account if the funds aren't in there?

4. Sadik

No. I believe Paypal's MassPay API does not charge your bank account. You have to ensure that before the cron runs on 15th of every month the amount is present in your paypal account.

However, I am not sure what happens if your primary payment method in paypal is charging your credit card.

To be absolutely sure, you should ask paypal this. "If I use the MassPay API to pay my affiliates, can paypal charge my CC or linked bank account if the total funds are not present in my paypal?"

Regards

5. HolyFireGames

Hi there, I have enough funds in my paypal account, when I hit run for the cron it says it ran, but nothing happens. Is there any way to tell what's failing? I contacted paypal to enable the API and they emailed back saying it was good to go. I also set the threshold to 50, and both people I'm trying to pay have more than that. They both told me they set their paypal email address as well.

Thanks

6. HolyFireGames

7. Sadik

8. Artenen

Artenen New Member PemBer Owner

Mass payout seems to work for USA affiliates but not Australian affiliates.

9. Sadik

Yes. Paypal is no longer giving MassPay API access to non US accounts.

10. Artenen

Artenen New Member PemBer Owner

Wait a minute... PayPal will allow payment to (from USA Mass Pay to AU) Australian accounts IF they are business accounts. Just confirmed that.

11. Sadik

Sorry I meant that Paypal is not allowing non USA business accounts to send MassPay API payments.