Further Update on PemBer 2.0

Discussion in 'Features and Development Updates' started by Sadik, Apr 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

It's been quite a while since I provided the last update on PemBer 2.0. Too MANY things have changed in the way PemBer is coded from it's first version back in January. It's fair to say that I spoke too soon and severely underestimated the complexity of XenForo 2.0.

Nonetheless, PemBer 2.0 is quite close. Here is a latest screen from a Edit Product page,

upload_2018-4-10_10-44-43.png

I have said elsewhere that I am attempting to release it this week. However that will not happen. At this point for everyone waiting on PemBer 2.0, I apologize for the delay and assure you that I am working with the same level of quality that you see in PemBer 1.x and expect. It will be released as soon as done.

Best
    - Sadik

deltahf and ScarletCox like this.
  2. click here

click here Member

@Sadik What is PayPal NVP under Payment Profile?

3. Sadik

It's just the title I have given to the Paypal account I defined under PemBer to differentiate it from the Paypal which was defined by XenForo. PemBer's paypal is using the nvp api and hence the name I gave... :)

4. panghao

panghao New Member PemBer Owner

will it possible to have donation function ? i want my members can donation any amount (price) to get a membership monthly.

5. Sadik

I am afraid not. For any purchaseable product you have to set a price.

6. Joshua Eldridge

Joshua Eldridge New Member

Do you have an update for completion of 2.0?
    Thank you.

ScarletCox likes this.
  7. Joshua Eldridge

Does anyone know of another option that allows a payment integration like the old Pember did?

8. Sadik

It's not dead. It is coming for 2.0 although very late. While I understand the sentiment, I would appreciate non sarcastic posts.

9. ScarletCox

ScarletCox Member PemBer Owner

All any of us ever wanted was an honest ETA. We are five months late on an upgrade that I promised our users would happen in January. You have asked me to wait for you several times, and given yet more false ETAs, and while I only have a thousand or so users, these are bestselling authors who have businesses of their own to run, and XF2.x has features we're desperate to implement.

You are directly harming my business' reputation. I don't doubt that these delays are also harming the businesses of other PemBer users.

Perhaps if we had some insight into the nature of the delays we could explain this to our users, rather than all looking like total buffoons when we go back to them and say "Hey, guess what? The dev sailed through another deadline." Because we're not the ones setting the deadlines here; all we're doing is faithfully accepting the deadlines which you give us.

I like working with you. You've been an excellent go-to for working out kinks and issues in the software you provide. The software works well, it's at an excellent price point. Everything about it - and you - has been an absolute pleasure to work with. But I can't wait another five months, and I certainly can't tell customers five more due dates and then not have a deliverable when I say I will.

panghao likes this.
  10. RSI

RSI Member

Have you tried this one?

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/addonflare-paid-registrations.6114/

You might try downloading the free version first to see how it works to get an idea. I was getting ready to try it myself since PemBer 2 still isn't ready.

ScarletCox likes this.
  11. ScarletCox

ScarletCox Member PemBer Owner

I'm talking to them about building a bridge to import all my PemBer data into Paid Registrations, so once that's done it may be a service they can offer other PemBer users for less money :)

12. Sadik

Fair point. The reason I have not delved into the reasons for delay is that I don't want to blame anyone. I will only make this one short comment once because I respect your trust.

XenForo 2.0 has made it incredibly hard to code very complex addons like PemBer. What took an hour to do with XF 1.0 now takes sometimes 2 days to do. The second reason is personal which I don't want to delve into.

I had to discard entirely the code from January and begin from absolutely afresh. You can actually see the current state of development on my dev site.
    https://paidmembers.net/dev/ Paypal there goes to sandbox, Stripe is disabled.

I cannot give ETAs any more. I would also say that if someone who has waited for the last 5 months and wants a refund, i will refund in full. Please send me a PM.

Regards,
    - Sadik

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  13. RSI

RSI Member

Have you tied creating a tab or links to the Account Upgrade page already in XF2? I didn't uninstall PemBer when I upgraded to XF2 on purpose and the upgrade options PemBer created are still there and can still be purchased. The redirect may not work anymore after they purchase, but it should still let people upgrade I think. Maybe that might be good enough in the meantime.

14. RSI

RSI Member

By the way if you have not tried it yet, it will already import the stuff PemBer created. I just purchased the lifetime option and I was able to relink all of the Pember upgrade options. The trick is to not uninstall PemBer 1.5 when you update to XF2. Just upgrade to XF2 with PemBer still installed.

Anyway, the PLUS, GOLD and LIFETIME options below were the ones I created with PemBer and I was able to reconnect them.

Untitled.png

15. Joshua Eldridge

That looks basic and at $100 I think it is a good value. I'm sad to not use Pember, but I too have been waiting many months to launch the paid portion of my site and I cannot wait any longer. Thanks for your help.

16. panghao

panghao New Member PemBer Owner

wow, can't believe it. Wait from January to July and still no update.....