Wanting to send timed PMs to members + another question

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Wednesday, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Wednesday

Wednesday New Member

Hello,

Is PemBer able to send the following automated timed PMs to each member?

PM upon registering

PM 2 weeks after registering?

PM 4 weeks after registering?

PM 5 days before membership is up?

PM 1 day before membership is up?

I would like to give members a free membership for 30 days. Then account blocked unless they upgrade to a monthly payment. Is this possible with PemBer?

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Hi @Wednesday (Interesting choice of username! ;))

This is an out of the Box XenForo feature. If you go to XenForo Admin -> options -> registration options. You will see the below. This allows you to send a welcome PM or email upon registration.

upload_2016-8-26_8-57-6.png
    This is unfortunately not possible right now. What you can do though is create two usergroups, 2 Week Old and 4 Week old and then setup two user promotions which add these usergroups by selecting the number of days criterion in user promotions.

upload_2016-8-26_9-1-46.png

So now, all your members who are 2 week, and 4 week old will get the corresponding usergroup. You will then have to manually send them conversations from the Admin->Users->Message Users.

An addon can be coded which can automate this though. But I don't think one exists.

PemBer has a setting by which you can determine how many days before expiration members will get an email. But this only goes out once.

upload_2016-8-26_9-4-44.png

Again, you can use usergroup promotions and usergroup permissions. So you can have a usergroup which a user gets promoted to after 30 days, to which you can revoke view permission. But this is out of the box xenforo functionality and you don't need PemBer for this.

Best Regards,
    - Sadik

Wednesday likes this.
  3. Wednesday

Wednesday New Member

WOW thank you so very much for taking the time to answer my questions with such detail. As well as stating some of the things I don't need PemBer for, but I still want it :)

Thank you

Sadik likes this.
  4. Sadik

You are welcome!

5. Wednesday

Wednesday New Member

Above where you say make a user group where the person has been a member for x days.

That is available on PemBer but not xenforo correct?

Thank you

6. Sadik

No, that would be a User Group "Promotion" which is a default xenforo function.

Wednesday likes this.
  7. Wednesday

Wednesday New Member

Ok great thank you.

Not 100% sure I will be getting xenforo BUT if I do I AM 100% sure I will be getting pember.

Thank you!

Sadik likes this.
  8. Sadik

No problems. XenForo is a great software for membership so if you need a paid community or member management you should go for it.

Wednesday likes this.