Commisions based on usergroup

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestion' started by Regs, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Regs

Regs Member

Would like to have different levels of commission for a product based on usergroup.

It is a good incentive to have to get / reward members paying more

2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

OK thinking about this more...

To introduce such a feature, what would be needed is that commission be disconnected from product definition. Meaning there will have to be a new screen where you select a pre-defined product and select a usergroup and enter a commission amount.

The way the commission engine works it doesn't matter where the commission amount and currency is picked from as long as the value is received. So this would NOT really be as big a change as I initially thought.

Some people who are already using PemBer may find setting a commission in a different screen complicated... So the usergroup commission may just have to override the commission defined at the product level.

This will be included in the next second point release. That may be a couple of weeks later though... or may be earlier... :)

Regs likes this.
  3. Regs

Regs Member

Sounds good - I think :)

My use case is as follows:

1 month membership:
    • get access to a bunch of stuff
    • Users CANNOT revenue share
    6 month membership
    • Users CAN revenue share
    1 year membership
    Lifetime membership
    As an incentive to become a longer term paid member, each "product" has a percentage share that increases depending on the level the member has purchased/belongs to.

Does that make sense?

4. Sadik

So are you saying that you will put users into different usergroups depending on how long a user has been a paid member?

Or

Are you saying that 1 month, 6 month, 1 year are different recurring products?

If it's the latter, you can already use PemBer and specify different referral commission in different products. If however it is the former, how do you promote users from one usergroup to another?

Regs likes this.
  5. Regs

Regs Member

It's the latter.

Further explanation:

Say we have 2 members, one has a 1 year membership (member 1) and one is a lifetime member (member 2)

Member 1 gets 10% revenue share for 'selling' a 6 month membership or 1 year membership or lifetime membership
    Member 2 gets 15% revenue share for 'selling' a 6 month membership, 20% for selling a 1 year or lifetime membership

Can this be done currently?

6. Sadik

Hmmm, Ah now I see clearly what you mean.

No I am afraid this is not possible currently. But this will be included in PemBer 1.3 (Along with a few other things! :))

Cheers!

Regs likes this.
  7. Regs

Regs Member

Excellent!

8. Regs

Regs Member

How's 1.3 coming along?

9. Sadik

Hi, it has some interesting features, like auto-populate EU vat taxes, optional user agreement among others... :) My target is to release it in July... Cautious target towards the 3rd week, but may vary by a few days.

Regs likes this.
  10. Regs

Regs Member

Third week starts tomorrow.

Just sayin'

:)

Sadik likes this.
  11. Regs

Regs Member

@Sadik

How's development coming along? I'm hoping the topic of this thread has made it into 1.3 as you mentioned earlier as it is key for me to use the addon which I'm hoping to use ASAP :)

Cheers,

Regs.

12. Sadik

Hi Regs

That particular feature is made. I haven't been able to finish off the auto VAT calculations yet and hence holding off. Since this is important for you, I will branch off 1.2 for this new feature alone since 1.3 is likely to take longer.

I will have this out for you so that you can start using it. Give me a couple of days.

Regards

Regs likes this.
  13. Regs

Regs Member

Excellent, thank you!

Cheers,

Regs.

Sadik likes this.
  14. Sadik

This is working well in 1.2.4.

ugc.gif