Multiple Forum Sync?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by clackey, May 31, 2017.

1. clackey

clackey New Member

I'm sure this is way out of your scope but we'd possibly be interested in paying for the development. Essentially, we run a network of forums in a particular niche and we'd like users to upgrade to a premium on any one site and have it be reflected on all sites. I assume users would be identified by email since account IDs are all different across the sites. Also, the database might be on a separate machine as the forums but my SA can handle all that.

If you aren't interested then I have a developer who could probably implement this, assuming we have all the information necessary to pull it off.

We'd pay for the lifetime licenses on 4 sites initially but eventually up to 12 if it all goes well.

2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Unfortunately with my current schedule, I am unavailable for custom development. However what you say isn't difficult to implement. What you would need is a cron task on the main forum where a premium upgrade happens. This cron task would then connect to the other forums, find the corresponding user and upgrade / downgrade the account as required. You could have such a cron run after say every 5 mins or 10 mins, so that all accounts sync within that time.

I welcome any further questions you may have or any install / configuration assistance you may need.

Regards

3. clackey

clackey New Member

Great thanks! I'll start talking wit my dev and see if he can handle it.

C.

4. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

You are welcome.