No option without PayPal account?

Discussion in 'General PemBer / Paid Membership Discussions' started by OakleyForum, May 21, 2015.

1. OakleyForum

OakleyForum New Member PemBer Owner

I noticed that previously with memberships, members had the option to pay via credit/debit without a paypal account. Now with Pember, they must sign in. Just wondering if there is a way to show them the credit/debit option again or what specifically is causing this?

2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Hey OakLey!

How are you doing. I actually wanted to enquire how your site was doing? Has PemBer helped you sell more subscriptions? I would love to hear feedback.

About this, you are right. The default with PemBer was to show only the Paypal option. It's a simple flag which needs to be passed to Paypal Express Checkout to tell them what to show by default. I have changed it now so that the default is to show both the Paypal account and pay by debit / credit card showing.

Download the upgrade from here:

http://paidmembers.net/threads/13/#post-38

DO note that this is a very minor update and reinstall is not required. Just replace the files. Actually just two lines were changed in one file! :)

3. OakleyForum

Thanks, the update worked great. So far, we are enjoying the Paid Members add-on - hard to say about impact on sales, we have seen an uptick, but nothing so large we could dedicate it to the software. Overall I am very happy with it - it is a much more integrated and polished system than the standard upgrades in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing future enhancements, including stripe integration, which I am curious about.

Sadik likes this.
  4. OakleyForum

Also just wondering - is there anyway to hook in the Pember system with google analytics? I previously had this setup, with the goal completion location of "/account/upgrade-purchase". Just wondering if you know what this would be now?

5. Regs

Regs Member PemBer Owner

I'm noticing the same thing now, i.e., have to have a paypal account and no option to just pay without needing to create an account.

This is using the latest release. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Cheers,

Regs.

6. Sadik

Hi Regs, you will see both options for one time payments. For recurring however, you will see the option to pay with paypal or create a paypal account to pay, since recurring cannot be created without paypal.

Regards

7. Regs

Regs Member PemBer Owner

Ah, makes sense!

8. click here

click here Member PemBer Owner

@Sadik To be honest, had I known this I never would have purchased this software! Since adding Pember my recurring Premium membership sales are down, now I know why, I'm turning down credit card sales.
    By the way, the stock XF forum software allows recurring subscriptions to be sold with credit cards through paypal... so anyway pember can do this?

I absolutely have to allow credit card sales for recurring subscriptions! Thank You

OakleyForum likes this.
  9. OakleyForum

It appears the latest version got rid of this ability to show non-paypal account checkout? Can you update to include this again? I wouldn't have updated if I knew this was gone - Now when I click the link to buy a membership it just shows a paypal login screen instead of the option to login vs. debit/credit.

10. Sadik

Replied on the thread at xenforo.com.