Paypal Problems

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Robert9, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

1. I cant buy your script with Paypal. Probably you will send me a pm and we solve this.

2. Paypal makes often problems for websites they dont like. So i need a page between my site and paypal. Maybe you can program this for me?

Idea:
    Forum > another domain > paypal > another domain > forum

3. How users can have their part of a sold membership?
    With paypal? With Stripe also?

4. The monthly payment will come from the script, not from paypal or Stripe, right?
    Till now i use a carrier who makes this for me.

5. Your script costs 99 Dollar, XF2 will come soon, and you have written that you dont want to add any other payment. This is really such a lot of work to integrate BD for example or give an interface for others?

6. Mail or PM will be sent only if someone has a non-recurring membership, right? Because it is really no good idea to remember people every month that they have to pay for anything anyway if it is worth to pay for or not.

2. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

7. Is it possible for an user to have his own membership after sending some friends that pay their membership so he will have his membership also?
    Bring 4 and got 5! Or free entree, when bringing two friends.

8. If an user brings another one, but this one will buy his membership after 1 year, the frist user still will have his commission?

9. Same situation with recurring memberships. The referrer can have everytime his commision?

10. The commissions are paid automatically or only if an user starts them to be paid out?

11. With 10. we can have a minimum to be paid out?

3. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

I saw your PM. Replying here. You can't buy it because of the recurring support subscription because you are in Germany. I have added you to a group where I allow buying without the recurring. If you go to Membership page you should see a new product "PemBer - Single Domain License (Non-Recurring)". If you want to buy, you should be able to buy that from Germany. But please do not buy before you have read answers to your questions below.

PemBer only works with xenforo. The functionality like the above does not exist. If you have two licenses for xenforo you could potentially use PemBer on one xenforo and then add the usergroup for people who buy in another xenforo. But it will be messy and will need lot of manual work (or custom development). Not recommended.

You mean referral commission, right? Commission is paid through MassAPI from paypal only. Some non-US users have reported having problems with getting MassPay enabled for their accounts. So please verify that you can get paypal to enable MassPay API if you want to autopay referral commission.

A recurring subscription is made in paypal or stripe. It is paypal / stripe which charge the user. PemBer keeps track of the charges and upgrades / downgrades accounts accordingly.

I don't know what you mean by BD. I am currently working on a new version of PemBer 1.5.x series along with PemBer 2.0 for XenForo 2.0. So any new payment processors will not be added before the above is complete.

Correct. Recurring subscriptions are charged automatically by paypal / stripe. You don't have to do anything. E-mails are sent for non-recurring membership to remind people that their subscription is expiring.

No. If you use referral commission, it gets paid out. This is a limitation due to the nature of recurring subscriptions in paypal / stripe. Authorization once received cannot be changed.

You can specify the number of days the referral cookie is valid for. If the "friend" joins after the end of cookie period or deletes his cookies, the referrer won't get a commission.

Same answer as above.

Automatically if you have MassPay API enabled in your paypal account. Please make sure you can get paypal to enable it because they are causing problems for non-us accounts.

Yes, there's a hold you can specify. And minimum amount can be specified also.

Best Regards,
    - Sadik

4. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

Thank you.

I dont mean two boards. I will talk to my programer. :)

Is it possible to deactivate pp and use stripe only?

I am wondering that you use only a cookie while we have a board and could save all users coming over another userid.

Can you imagine how a user feels if sending a lot of customers, but be paid only for these who doesnt clear their cookies? They will aks why you dont save the userid to my useraccount.

It seems i need https, i hope i can have it.
    And stripe wants to have my company homepage or the one sending payment details?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

I can choose if someone can pay and register the same time?
    I can have my normal register form also?
    Or only one form where people can pay and register?

What i need is: a normal register form without any payment, because people are afraid reading anything about payment.
    And a payment form, where people can register in the same time if needed for others to advertize it.

Is it possible to have both?

6. Sadik

It is not possible to deactivate paypal and have only stripe. However you could simply hide the paypal button with css display none. That would accomplish the same thing.

The cookie is needed for identification. Once someone registers from a referral link, the details are saved to account and database. But when a person is registering, the only way (short of asking him) is to identify from a cookie who sent him.

Yes https is recommended. I didn't understand your question about company homepage. Could you please elaborate.

PemBer creates a new sales page called "Membership" where your paid products are shown and where you can edit the copy. The normal xenforo register page remains for free signups. So just like this site where you have the "membership" tab in the navbar, you could change that phrase to say "Premium Membership or Paid Membership". Your normal free registration of xenforo remains as it is.

Regards

7. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

Shure you need a cookie. But if you have one when a new user registers there should be knwon from which user this user was coming. If the new user buys a membership one year later (after he has registrered himself) the referer should have his part, right?

Stripe wants to know an URL; my company homepage is lalala.com, but the page i want to sell memberships is tututu.com; so i want to know hich one i have to enter for Stripe. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  8. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

If i close the script, you can still see the link and you can still see the "choose a gift".

9. Sadik

I see what you mean. No unfortunately this functionality does not exist.

It should be tututu.com then under normal circumstances.
    When you say close the script, do you mean disable PemBer? or close sales? If it's the latter, it could be a bug, could you please clarify whether you are closing sales, and where you see the link (which url?)

10. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

I close sales (not the script, sorry), then you still see a link in the profil (the popup) from another user.
    The function above should be included if you care for your users.
    "Hey, thank you for the money, i am sorry, the user you have sent me was to late, so i dont give you anything!"

11. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

Big problem! I cant tell my users that i am so happy that they help to survive without advertizing and offer the same time a system to make money.
    This should be in two parts always (on my sites). At the top i beg for money, at the bottom i have a link for webmasters.
    Now this means i have to delete the links at the second row, ad one to the footer, add a new page with links and info and put there your links.
    Yes, i will do that, but i really dont like to do it, while i have to a desk full of work. :(

12. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

Another bad thing will be that people will add themselves a new user to refer another user of them. ... From this many stupid situations are possible.
    For the next version please think about to divide the two parts.

13. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

I click on Paypal and got an empty page. I have no idea why. :)

14. Sadik

If you are concerned about this, just increase the cookie validity days.

Honestly my friend, I have no idea what you are saying here... :) If this is about having to write copy in the sales page, it's just a one time. If I can help, let me know.

Well, that is true of any affiliate system anywhere in the world. If users are willing to pay full membership fees just to get commission, well let them! :)

Where? If all the setup is correctly done (api details entered, products created etc), send me your site's url and admin access in a PM and I will check.

15. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method PemBer_Model_Paypal::responseException() - library/PemBer/Model/Paypal.php:637
    Generiert durch: Admin, Gestern um 19:39 Uhr
    Stapelverfolgung

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(68) "https://www.page.com/forum/pember/upgrade?plan=pat30"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["plan"] => string(5) "pat30"
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(0) {
    }
    }

16. Sadik

This happens if a product set to use a paypal address which is disabled. Check your defined paypal addresses and check which paypal the product in using.

In next version this particular case throws a more user friendly error telling you what went wrong.