Drip feeding content

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Newt, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Newt

Newt New Member PemBer Owner

A system that allows admins to set a "slow" access to content within a page and/or thread (like a class) based on either a fixed date or relative to a user signup date. If the content is not available to the user, then display a customized message.
    The thread/page remains visible but not accessible to those who haven’t reached the timeline for the content to be displayed.
    Works like a reverse user upgrade expiring function. A must for a membership site where people can't just signup, take everything and leave, let alone asking for a refund right away :p

2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Yeah I understand you. But PemBer at it's heart is a payments manager. This would be more of an addon at the thread level. So you restrict thread posts, or you restrict threads or maybe you restrict forums. Many ways to do this, but nothing related to payments.

I am not saying it won't happen. But this may not be a "core" pember feature. Maybe an additional addon which integrates with PemBer. I will consider it.

3. Newt

Newt New Member PemBer Owner

Okay, I understood Pember as a membership management addon, hence the suggestion.
    But thanks for considering it :)