Selling items from resource manager

Discussion in 'General PemBer / Paid Membership Discussions' started by Bram, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Bram

Bram New Member PemBer Owner

When enabling this option in Pember it allows ALL usergroups to use this feature. I understood it should have been limited to admins and staff.

Is there away to block lower tier members from using this option?

2. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Ah yes. The design is that Admins would be selling RM items from a particular category or categories where other members won't have the permission to create resources. Also the Download Resource permission for that resource category would be disallowed for "Registered" usergroup.

https://paidmembers.net/threads/106/

Does that not work for you?

If not, what is your use case? I can provide you a template mod to remove the product dropdown for non-admins, but it seems unnecessary to me. Does the above not satisfy your needs?

Regards

3. Bram

Not sure if i am doing anything wrong (or right) here :) I have enabled the setting to sell from the RM.

However this allows all usergroups to sell RM items in each and every category. We have like 100 different categories and a dozen usergroups. If I strip members from their uploading rights they can't contribute any free resources anymore.

Payware should just be for a specific group of people

4. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Oh I understand what you mean now. Even when creating resources in other categories, the product drop down shows. You are right, that shouldn't be. There will be an enhancement on this in the next version. For now you can do a simple template edit.

open the template pember_resource_add in your current theme, and replace the contents with this template,

HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin}">
    <xen:require css="pember_resource_add.css" />
    <xen:require js="js/pember/resource.js" />

<fieldset>
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_resource_product_id">{xen:phrase pember_product}:</label></dt>
            <dd>
                <select name="resource_product_id" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_resource_product_id">
                    <option value="">&nbsp;</option>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$products" value="$product">
                        <option value="{$product.user_upgrade_id}"
                            {xen:selected '{$product.user_upgrade_id} == {$resource.resource_product_id}'}
                            {xen:if '{$resource.external_purchase_url}', 'disabled="disabled"'}
                            >{$product.title}</option>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </select>
            </dd>
        </dl>
    </fieldset>
    </xen:if>
    This only adds a conditional so that only admins can add the product to a resource. When you upgrade to the next version you can revert this template.

Bram likes this.
  5. Bram

Thanks Sadik, will give it a try