Emails! Bringing Members Back

Discussion in 'Features and Development Updates' started by Sadik, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

The Problem

For recurring paid members, over time people's credit cards expire. Their payments fail..

For Fixed price members, their membership is set to expire after a certain date.

PemBer solves your problem, by sending email reminders to members whose membership are expiring or whose payment failed in either Paypal OR Stripe.

All the texts in the emails are phrases which you can edit from your admin panel allowing you full control on what to send out in your emails and also when you emails go out!
    alfa1 likes this.
  2. Dennis

Dennis New Member PemBer Owner

I've looked at the Phrases section and found pember prefixes on phrases for expiring memberships but where do I find the way to change the format and content of the actual email sent to people that will expire soon?

3. Sadik

Sadik Administrator Staff Member PemBer Owner

Hi Dennis,

PemBer uses the default XenForo email templates to send out the emails. You CAN modify the html template of the email in development mode, but should ideally be left to a plugin or a developer. Also if you modify the email template and upgrade PemBer, the changes will be lost. Unfortunately with XF 1 there is no user enabled way of changing html email templates. The email template for the email sent to users whose subscription is expiring is
    pember_reminder_email. If you enable Debug mode, you can access it by going to Development > Email Templates.

There is this addon by Arty >

I haven't used it but it looks like it might do what you want. You should ask him first though.

Hope this helps...